The Mandatory Weigh-ins for this season are on August 15th at 5:30PM at the Dicks Sporting Goods store in American Fork. This is an assigned time from the conference. EVery team in the CYF program must show up at 5:30pm to be weighed.
Each Coach MUST have 2 copies of the COMPLETED photo roster in order to weigh his team in. I have attached a copy of the blank photo roster form. Please have 2 copies (photo’s and all at the weigh-in.
Only 1 coach will be allowed inside the fenced area during the weigh-in. Parents are not allowed inside the fenced area. They will still be able to observe everything through the fencing. You will not be allowed back behind the fencing until your entire team is there so they can all check in at once.
There will NOT be a make-up weigh-in this year (just like last year). All players should be weighed regardless of weight.
Again – the weigh-in time for ALL of American Fork is 5:30pm on August 15th. Coaches – please plan your practices accordingly to accommodate.. If you have any questions, please let me know quickly! See instructions from the conference below:
Welcome to the inaugural 2018 Utah Youth Football Conference season!
We have unified the two major football conferences in Utah County and are excited to get started on the season. Since some of our procedures might be a little different than what has happened in the past, we thought a brief explanation of the Weigh In process would help answer questions that your district shareholders might have.
Please note that you will be held responsible for this information so please read it carefully.
- Weigh In’s will happen at Dick’s Sporting Goods in American Fork on August 14-15. Your district will be assigned a time to arrive and begin the process. Even though there are more players than last year, the process will be extremely efficient if the rules are followed.
- The Weigh In area will be fenced off and only one coach (doesn’t have to be the head coach) from each team will be allowed behind the fenced off area.
- Once your ENTIRE team is present, your designated coach can lead them to the fenced area and they will be permitted to enter together.
- Each coach will present to the conference representative a picture roster of every player on the team. Roster will include: photo of player, grade, jersey number, DOB and indicate if the player is a Z-Down player.
- The conference has 7 digital scales, each designated for a particular grade. Every player in each grade level is weighed on the exact same scale. For example, no 5thgraders will weigh in on the 7th grade scale etc.
- Once the team is weighed, they will leave the fenced area and are free to go.
- Each player must be wearing at least: shirt and athletic shorts. Underwear only is not acceptable.
- Each player will have one chance to weigh in. Leaving and returning to the fenced in area is not allowed.
- If a player weighs at or above the X man weight for that grade, that player is an X man for the entire 2018 season. For example, if a 6thgrader (6th Grade X man weight = 120 lbs.) weighs in at 120.0 lbs. that player is an X man. 121.0 lbs. is also an X man. If a player weighs in at 119.9 lbs. then they are not an X man.
- Players that weigh under 5 lbs. of the X weight will be required to attend a mid-season weigh in. For example, a 6thgrader (6th Grade X man weight = 120lbs.) weighs in at 119.5 lbs., that player is NOT an X man at the start of the season, but will be required to attend a mid-season Weigh In event. That player must then be below the X weight for that grade to not be designated an X man.
- If a player is not present at the initial Weigh In event, they will automatically be designated an X man. They are NOT eligible to attend the mid-season Weigh In event in order to remove themselves from the X man list. If a player is designated as a mid-season weigh in player, and they fail to report to the mid-season Weigh In event, they will be considered an X man thereafter.
- The X man list is available for District Representatives’ review at any time during the season.
- If asked by an opposing coach, coaches must provide a copy of the picture roster used for Weigh Ins.
- All X men must have a visible X on the back of their helmet in a contrasting color. If the UYFC does not provide an X sticker, the player must use tape or some other method for the X in a contrasting color to their helmet.
1st & 2nd Grade – 75 lbs.
3rd Grade – 85 lbs.
4th Grade – 95 lbs.
5th Grade – 105 lbs.
6th Grade – 120 lbs.
7th Grade – 135 lbs.
8th Grade – 165 lbs.
9th Grade – No X Weight
Dick’s Sporting Goods,
841 Pacific Dr, American Fork, UT 84003
|Tues. 14th||Wed. 15th|
|5:30 PM||Pleasant Grove||American Fork|
|6:30 PM||Lone Peak||Westlake|
|7:00 PM||Provo||Mountain View/Orem|
|7:30 PM||Spanish Fork/||Maple Mountain|